The last episode of Asian Ethnology Podcast is now online. In January 2018, Ben Dorman, co-editor Asian Ethnology interviewed me in Nagoya, Japan about my research into Transglobal Yoga.
- Intro :31
- Background on Patrick, his work and what it involves :37
- Exploring Global Yoga or Yogaland 3:05
- Comparing and Contrasting Yoga in Japan with Global Yoga 5:59
- Yoga’s Influence Throughout the World 8:25
- Why do People do Yoga 10:10
- Defining Global Yoga 11:17
- Yoga and Politics 13:15
- What’s behind the names of Yoga Postures 15:12
- Yoga in the Age of Social Media 17:11
- Debate on Music Copyrights 18:52
- Discussion on Yoga Facebook Groups 20:09
- The Promise of Yoga 23:54
- Yoga as a way of Life 26:19
- Commercialization of Yoga 26:52
- Researching Yoga in Japan 29:27
Cycling as meditation: Can riding help us achieve mindfulness?
Here is an article that features my ideas on cycling, meditation, and mindfulness, for which I was interviewed by Cycling Tips.